Thursday, April 24, 2008

LARGER THAN LIFE HARRING-TOONS!






I've been pretty busy on some freelance illustration work for an Events/Promotion Co.
I'm very fortunate in that I get to draw most of the days and in this particular assignment I got to do @ 90% of what I wanted-using my own cartoon characters in a tropical poolside setting to be displayed in Starwoods Hotel in NY.
The finished artwork was then printed 8 FEET HIGH and ran the length or the room! DEFINITELY THE LARGEST I've ever seen my work PRINTED! The funnything is they asked for very "different" characters, so I threw a George Carlin-ish burned out stoner dude in their along with a goth girl, and they nixed the GIRL, not the stoner!
Hope I get more like this....
These are FUN!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome job!!!!

Paul Moyse said...

Is that Court Jones there? Great job Patrick.

HARRINGTOONs Patrick Harrington said...

Thanks and yeah, Paul, it is indeed the
curly-q'd chest haired Court! or at least inspired by him.